Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
County Masters cross country - request for marshals

Herts Phoenix are hosting the County Masters CC Champs in the parkland adjoining Stanborough Lake on Sunday next, Feb 16th. The success of any such event depends upon the input of many volunteers to ensure that the competing athletes get the most out of the event and are safe in doing so. The host Club are seeking volunteers from competing clubs to assist with marshaling the course. If each competing club could provide at least one volunteer the required number would be achieved. Please ask your members for assistance in this respect. Names of volunteers to be forwarded to Chief Marshal Stuart Broadhead on e mail broadheadstuart52@gmail.com
Marshals reporting are to assemble adjacent to the Start/Finish area for briefing by Stuart at 10-55 a.m. First race starts at 11-30 a.m.

I very much hope that your Club can assist in this respect.

Yours
Brian Fowler
County President

Re: County Masters cross country - request for marshals

when is the last race likely to finish?

I was going to go along and support anyway, so I can volunteer to marshal if needed.

Lindsay - second race (all women and men 60+) starts at 12.30pm, it's about 8k so wouldn't be more than about an hour I should think. As far as I can see there are only the two races.

ah I don't think I will be able to sadly

Having just seen the weather forecast for Sunday, I'm not at all happy about the prospect of driving to Welwyn or standing outside for 2+ hours in the predicted high winds and rain, so I've decided not to do this after all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled, as many races were last weekend, as it may be too risky to hold it in the atrocious weather which is predicted :worried: