Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Purple group virtual banana relay marathon success!!!

I’m super pleased to report the success of the 10-person purple group mighty virtual banana relay marathon (the 🍌 being used as a handy emoji for passing a baton - as well as resulting in some fabulous pictures of us holding bananas in various states of ripeness, including some creative banana cases and drawings, and one that was frozen).
Our total time was 5h 11m 38s, with 4.22 km/2.62 mile legs undertaken by me, Jo S, Helen, Lindsey, Jo K, Ehma, Natalie, Hayley, Elwyn (honorary purple, but definitely a bit faster!), and with the banana taken over the line today by Monica, who many of us owe so much for her encouragement while getting us started in running in the first place. Go 💜. 🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♀️🍌🏃‍♂️🍌🏃‍♀️

Re: Purple group virtual banana relay marathon success!!!

Great event and thanks for allowing h me to be a part of it. Well done everyone that took part ❤️🍌🍌

Thanks for sharing, Clare - it was really great being part of this and lovely to still feel like part of purples although we are apart from each other.

Well done Purples. Good idea, well carried out great teamwork. :raised_hands:

From my point of view as a yellow banana that's going a bit purple, I think that Elwyn :+1: is looking a bit green. :smiley:

What a great idea and well done to all involved.

BrianB
Well done Purples. Good idea, well carried out great teamwork. :raised_hands:

From my point of view as a yellow banana that\'s going a bit purple, I think that Elwyn :+1: is looking a bit green. :smiley:

Love this Brian! We still class Elwyn and Matt R as honorary purples. We like to think we gave them great foundation training 😉🤣

And hailey

Well done purples. Sounds like fun 😊

Thank you Jo and Brian I know my grounding started with purples and continued with yellows with great help from you Brian