Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run of the Month - May 10km results submission here

The Run of the Month - May 10km is this week.

Please post your name and 10km TT times on this thread please.

Please include a write up - if you wish. :writing_hand:

Extra kudos for posting a link to Garmin/Strava activity.

And further kudos for uploading a picture to the activity of you in your vest and/or of your virtual MWL picnic ๐Ÿงบ

Good luck!

#TeamNHRR
#RoTM

Re: Run of the Month - May 10km results submission here

So I completed my 10km tonight after a poor run yesterday. Living on the Standalone route this seemed the ideal opportunity to run this route. As I obviously wasn’t going to run along the bypass I mixed the Cashio and Croft Lane start with the old course and used the underpass to run in to Stotfold and along Merrill Lane and Brook Street. Running to low 150s HR I was surprised how comfortable I felt in the heat. Pete kindly provided a water station at 5M which was greatly appreciated. Wore my vest with pride but found myself welling up a little when I thought of all the wonderful club members and how long it is since I have seen most of you. So looking forward to being able to run with you all again but in the meantime I am grateful to John and Katie for this opportunity to share an event with you all.

I did my 10k ROTM on Tuesday evening in a very laboured 44:07. A bit too hot for me! :flushed:

John Auld, 38:56.

I did my 10km this morning. It wasn’t as hot as Tuesday/Wednesday evenings - but still quite warm!

I managed to dip under 39 with a pick up in the final km and finished with 38:56.

I’ve been doing the set training plan tempo sessions on Thursday morning, so this was a hard version of that.

Tough work 10km with no team mates to run with and opponents run down. But the dog walkers of Clothall common kept me company, if not somewhat bemused at seeing me pop up again and again on my 10 laps around the loop. 2 for warm up, 6 for my effort followed by another 2 to warm down with.

No water station for me, but frustratingly, I had a water bottle stashed in a bush, that I had to run past 6 times... but it was a delight when I finished.

I had my team mates there in spirit and pictured us lining up for another squirrel dominant MWL performance.

Miss you all. :kissing_heart:

Looking forward to seeing some more results.

#TeamNHRR

I did my 10k this morning - it was very warm and felt like seriously hard work! I hadn't even got to half way before I knew that I would have to slacken off the pace a bit or I wouldn't be able to finish. My route was a fairly local one round Hitchin - trying to stick to wider roads where I could distance myself from others - and it was definitely undulating. I had to have several brief walk breaks to take on some water and just recover from what felt like a huge effort - not sure if it was the heat, but I felt sick several times and stomach wasn't very happy ....:anguished:

SO much harder on your own, with no one to gauge your pace against - or chase! I recorded this on Strava as well as my Garmin, using the phone app, but my phone GPS is so inaccurate it thought I'd done nearly 6.5 miles!! It was definitely 6.2 miles, and I finished it in a very undistinguished 57:49 :weary:

Oops, just realised I didn’t post my time of 1.02.32:)

Hobbled round with the aid of Rhia yelling at me!

10km in 50.25

Strava link below I hope!

https://strava.app.link/JEVH1ff1F6

Cheers

Ian

Completed the run of the month In 53:55 on a humid morning in Stevenage
Now for a MWL breakfast but no picnic

Friday 22 May: 36:01
https://strava.app.link/g9gUeL4cH6
Planned to be going on family holiday to France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท today for sunshine ☀️ and beach ๐Ÿ–. Running loops around the streets of Letchworth in my NHRR vest was the next best thing ๐Ÿ˜Ž Enjoyed the run ๐Ÿค— Most mid-week leagues I go out too quick, hanging onto the runner in front of me for most of the race and wanting it to all be over. I treated this like a tempo and felt comfortably uncomfortable for most of the run ๐Ÿ˜…
Keep save and keep running ๐Ÿ˜€

36.59 (I think)! First 10k of my session this afternoon. I guess that’s what a hairdryer feels like ๐Ÿง‘‍๐Ÿฆฒ๐Ÿฅต

I decided to choose the windiest day I could for my 10k as I really wanted the feel of a treadmill but outside ๐Ÿ˜‰
I didn’t want to blast it so was hoping to run 8min/mile and it feel steady but comfortable. I was very pleased with my run as it ended up being 7:50min/mile and I think on a less windy day it would have been quicker. It felt really comfortable and I thought I was running brilliantly until I turned round on my out and back route and got the brick wall of wind ๐Ÿ’จ Anyway despite the wind it was a lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š run in the sun ☀️

I did it in 48:37 and my Strava link is below - along with pictures of my virtual picnic and club vest. My picnic should have included sausage rolls but it seems the males in my household can’t leave sausage rolls lying around for longer than 5 minutes without eating them ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜‹

https://strava.app.link/1dQ8dzWsH6

I did my run of the month on the treadmill as I still cant leave the house. The time was 1hr 4 mins. .

like Ian said, we hobbled around, both wearing our club vests.
I moaned, then he moaned, then I moaned again. But we made it in the end.

50:14 per Strava:
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/GXSsQkbKH6

6 years ago I ran my first MWL race for the mighty squirrels. Bishop Stortford on a warm May evening. I ran 40.42 that night, which at the time, was a pb by over a minute.

So this morning, on an equally sunny May day, I set off to try to recreate that time. I failed miserably finishing in 39.36 but was pleased to meet Tom Webb in the final quarter of a mile. Finished off with a gossip. Perfect morning. ๐Ÿ˜

https://strava.app.link/aSCbacfAI6

This morning I put on my club vest and ran like the wind over the hambridge way to Pirton and back. It was windy ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿƒ and mostly blew against me! My time was 48.31. It was good to try and out a bit of effort instead of just plodding but time definitely shows I'm missing club training. It is on strava but I have no idea how to add a link ๐Ÿค”

I decided to miss the hot days of the week, opting instead for the wind & rain today. Managed 38:40 according to Strava, which is my best virtual 10k of the year !

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/BrmswC3LI6

Like the others today I went and ran my 10k in very windy conditions. I ran the original Standalone route but started and finished in Stotfold. It was hard running against the wind along Fairfield/Hitchin Rd. Wilbury Rd was ok but I forgot about the hills. Cashio Lane and Croft lane were busy with walkers. Norton Rd back to Stotfold was ok but still very windy.

Time was 1.02 pb for age related:wind_blowing_face:

No midweek league and no London 10,000 this weekend so went out for a little bit if a push despite the wind and ended up knocking 20s off my PB recorded at last year's 10,000 - 47:21

(unofficially, because Garmin gonna Garmin)

The vest definitely makes you faster!

https://strava.app.link/nj7E20Z6I6

Having done a 3k yesterday, and doing a long run tomorrow, I needed an easier run today. So I kept under my tempo heart rate of 140BPM, was please to still average under 7 minute mile’s, with a time of 42:56.

Really enjoyed putting the NHRR vest on for the 1st time in ages. So after having my pre run photo in my kit I set off on my very hilly 10k loop from Woodford Green to Buckhurst Hill and back. The 1st 400M was down hill then into an uphill section for the rest of the 1st mile. The 2nd mile was very undulating, then on to a steep climb into a headwind for the 3rd mile, I had to really hold the pace back to keep the heart rate down. The 4th mile was flat where I encountered the standard car full of youths shouting out, “Come on North Herts you can go faster”, to which I replied in an Essex’s accent “oh shut up”, luckily they found it funny or my last 2 mile’s would of been a lot quicker ๐Ÿ˜. The last 2 miles was mainly downhill with a tail wind then uphill again for the last 400M.

Finally I finished with a post race photo, I’m which I performed the Wonder Woman pose. This is a pose accidentally invented at the Flitwick 10k just over 5 years ago by: Mr Rayner, John Auld and myself, which always puts a smile on my face.

Hope you all have enjoyed your ROTM runs just as much as me and all those doing their run tomorrow, enjoy. Hope your all staying strong and able to remain positive through all this, I’m looking forward to seeing you all again when the simpler times return.

Yours in running

Darren M aka the TOWIE squirrel ๐Ÿฟ

https://strava.app.link/Oj0NHuX5I6

Fantastic everybody! I’m absolutely loving reading these write ups and seeing the Strava activities. :heart_eyes:

Hope to see some more before the end of the week :grey_question: :pray:

As you’ve seen, you don’t need to blast it out. It’s really fun and uplifting to put your vest on and picture us all turning up and supporting each other at an event.

I’d love to see some more submissions before the end of the week. Maybe get a picnic or BBQ ready for afterwards. :yum:

#RotM
#SpiritOfNML
#TeamNHRR
#TeamPose #WonderWoman

N ever ever underestimate
H onest hard loops
R unning round and round
R especting yourself and the shirt

43:27. Just me and my watch.

See you all soon.

Am easier run In my recovery week resulted In a 48.30 clicking. Main aim currently is to stay injury free so an easy week reducing mileage and backing off speed every 4th week and a new strength and conditioning programme from Karen are key.

58:29

Wasn’t aiming for a fast time as this was part of my 8 mile run. Mostly on trails. Has to stop to give way to trains on the crossing and round up a lost sheep at the solar farm. Not your usual MWL run.

https://strava.app.link/ojNBWtccK6

Hi Katie, Vince,

Great idea, I'm late to the party on this one. Didn't realise until last night, but keen to be part of this.
Will you accept the first 10k split from my longer HM run this morning?

If so 46:29

Strava link
https://www.strava.com/activities/3501934670

I'll try and do dedicated runs in June.

Thanks and all the best.

Russ Hagan

Windy 10K using bits of Hitchin 10K and Hard 10K route (no not THAT Hill!)

Time 54:07

www.strava.com/activities/3502595961/overview

Completed mine this morning, running through Arlesey, Stotfold and Astwick. Unofficial 10k PB 49:25.

Strava link: https://strava.app.link/NbKPQAHlK6

I did my May 10k this morning accidentally - I was only planning to do a shorter run of around 7km but then decided I may as well round it up and get my 10k done! It was cooler this morning than it has been lately but still rather warm and humid and my legs felt heavy. Route was totally improvised, winding around various streets of Baldock. My time was 51:48.
Strava link here: https://strava.app.link/VMzhHHEmK6

Time 53:43 from near Kingswood Drive to just beyond Radwell Meadows on the Greenway with Dervla today, Sunday 24 May. We saw Rhia, Monica and Hayley Cocks en-route.

So, I did the 10k for mid week leage as part of MWL and of another race, 2in1 style. I did it in 52:14. In my garmin it is the first 'lap' of a longer activity. It felt good and I didn't go all out as I had to do 25 obstacles straight after the 10k.

....and here is the Strava link which i omitted from my previous post above.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3502530489

thx

The First 10k since injury at the Bedford Half last September. A slow time round the Green and Blue Lagoons but pleased to have completed the distance with no niggles in 1hr15๐Ÿข ๐Ÿ˜Š

I completed the 10 K today with Lucy, time was 50.29...really good to push myself after 10 weeks of “easy” runs....need to get back to training to get my speed up. Link below
https://www.strava.com/activities/3503346729

Sorry for being late, I did a 44min 10k as part of this morning's run.

Put this off all week and finally managed to complete it this evening in a fairly ploddy 1:13:07.

After being injured for so long I set myself the target of the MWL so pretty pleased really.

Rhubarb and custard cake to celebrate, delicious!

Yesterday i ran a 10k loop starting at Clothall Common in Baldock working up to Weston via Quickswood and back into Baldock.

Much in the vain of the MWL and previous ROTM's i decided to run somewhere scenic with a hill or 3.

I ran at a tempo in a time of 39:39.

With some headwinds to add to the fun i managed to admire some of the local scenery and fabulous views on the high ground.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3496991358

Best Wishes

Stewart

Ran the 'Old Standalone' course that misses out Casio & Croft Lane goes through Stotfold, down Brook Street & uses both the underpasses.

Time 1:05:09

https://www.strava.com/activities/3503399510

Managed a fry-up for lunch.

It was a real struggle. I'd 'cleverly' set my watch up somehow so it didn't show me the elapsed time! So was pleased it wasn't 70 mins+.

Recently during lockdown I managed to get into an MS-Access database which I'd used to record my running times 1991-1997. Was interested to find that my Standalone time in 1992, just prior to joining NHRR was 42:42. Those were the days ........

Did 10k in 45:51 today. The vest does help, but couldn’t push as hard as at an actual MWL.

Course for me was 10k of 400m out and backs with u turns at each end.

Emulated the buffet with home-made lemon syrup cake and sourdough sandwiches for lunch.

Hope to get back to more regular training. Maybe following Green group schedule...

I ran my 10k last night, mostly across the fields around Weston.
This is the furthest I’ve run since lockdown started!
My time was 51.57

I was a little late to notice this 10km, so hopefully snuck in just in time this evening. Route was 6.6 laps round Whitethorn Lane/Howard Drive/Brandles Road/Willian Way. Nice and flat and no major road crossings. First ROTM for (I’m guessing) at least a couple of years.

https://strava.app.link/lZE9wYZ4K6

Sorry forgot to put my time :blush:

45:38

First time I haven't walked on a run for a very long time! I do love a little stroll to take in the surroundings.

:smiley:

Thank you to all that took part.

Here are the provisional results. Fantastic to see that we have 35 finishers! :raised_hands:

Well done to all. There are some unofficial PB times in here too, which is great to see!

Great to see the vests out and cakes too!

#RotM
#SpiritOfMWL
#TeamNHRR

Matt Sayers , 36:01
Darren Sunter , 36:59
Nick Malpeli , 38:40
John Auld , 38:56
John Rayner , 39:36
Stewart Overton , 39:39
Darren Matussa , 42:56
David Weston , 43:27
Ed Price , 44:00
Vince Wright , 44:07
Tash Pitman , 45:38
James Keogh , 45:51
James Dalton , 46:29
Steve Brenton , 47:21 PB :clap:
Pete Sibbett , 48:30
Caroline Thrussell , 48:31
Jane Clarke , 48:37
Richard Weber , 49:25 PB :clap:
Rhia Botha , 50:14
Ian Datlen , 50:25
Dervla Downing , 50:29
Kat Gourd , 51:48
Andrew Coates , 51:57
Angeliki Shearstone , 52:14
Lucy O'Connor , 53:43
Elwyn Howell , 53:55
Russ Hagan , 54:07
Linda Aird , 57:49
Dave Braybrook , 58:29
Ian Sutcliffe , 1:02:00 PB for Age Cat :clap:
Karen Dodsworth , 1:02:32
Helen Giffin , 1:04:00
Brian Bailey , 1:05:09
Lindsay Cook , 1:13:07
Helen Cromack , 1:15:00

Sorry late with the result, 10k out to Clothall, up Tim Quickswood and then back round Baldock in 57:39 Strava link https://strava.app.link/7z2QmtKZL6.

Thanks for organising and recording.

Best wishes

Matt

Run yesterday 10k after lunch which wasn't a good idea but letchworth to Baldock and back in 1hr00.33.

Updated results, 37 finishers now; :+1:

Steve Brenton , 47:21 PB
Richard Weber , 49:25 PB
Matt Roberts , 57:39
Alan Hogg , 1:00:33
Ian Sutcliffe , 1:02:00 PB for Cat

Not sure if this was last week as no date on the post but it is still May so thought I would post. I Finally completed a 10k run today my 1st one for a long long time as normally only do 5km. I Had 2 stops, very hot and the hills were hard but made it round and am very please with an elapsed time of 49.05.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/fGPrZVp2S6

We ran together as MWL always starts slower then gets quicker through the season so couldn’t go too fast haha! 1:13:08 for 10.1k Wednesday evening after work and before strength and conditioning set. We found a new way into the Green way and then followed some paths to Willian and then over A1 and back down into Baldock. That bit of road always seems great when we are on the bikes but not quite so good when running and in the heat. NHRR official vest nice and light and had a water pouch with us but didn’t need a gel at that pace ๐Ÿคฃ

The RotM was 18th-24th May.

I have added these submissions, so we're now up to 40!

Steve Brenton , 47:21 PB
Tracy Pitcairn, 49:05
Richard Weber , 49:25 PB
Matt Roberts , 57:39
Alan Hogg , 1:00:33
Ian Sutcliffe , 1:02:00 PB for Cat
Carina Quayle, 1:13:08
Georgina Quayle, 1:13:08

Actually, I was another late one to have a go at this; had fully intended to do it on Sun 24th and then Tues 26 but factors beyond my control scuppered those plans (conjunctivitis and a wardrobe malfunction), so belatedly got it done Thur 28 in 1 h 17 min 23 s (not my best, but not too shabby). Thank you for giving me some team spirit everyone.

Well done Clare! I've added you. Now 41 finishers.

Also changed Alan Hogg to Hazlehurst, as Alan Hogg is somebody I work with!

Please try to include full names in the submissions, and/or a Strava/Garmin link as it helps to compile the results.