Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league 20/21. Cancelled

Unfortunately the Three Counties Cross Country League has been cancelled this year due to Covid-19. :cry:

All clubs agreed that it would be very difficult to attempt to organise a league this year and wish to get the clubs back working as normal before considering cross country.

A number of host clubs were not able to use the venue for the event. Schools are not allowing venues to be used.

The guidance ECCA does not allow a traditional race. Alternative solutions are unlikely to be within the inclusive spirit of the league.

Above all, we need to stay safe. :heart:

We are waiting for guidance from English Cross Country Association (ECCA) - which is supposed to become available this week. I have seen a draft version of this and it does not allow traditional races - although they do offer some alternates.

I do think there may be some races that we can enter. Once the guidance is out, I anticipate some events becoming available, so I will watch out for these.

Keep enjoying training and hopefully we'll get chance to show off the results at some point. :pray:

#TeamNHRR
#MudSweatTears

Re: Three Counties XC league 20/21. Cancelled

Thanks for the update, John. What a shame - though entirely understandable and no surprise.

Thanks also to you and all our Committee for liaising with the leagues and governance bodies on our behalf - this stuff takes time!

It would be great if there were some alternative events - looking forward to hearing more.

sad face

Thanks John - I'm not surprised, but very sad to miss one of the highlights of the club year :disappointed_relieved:
Ampthill Trophy also cancelled, sadly, but fingers crossed for coming back even stronger next season!

The guidance is now published here