Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Standalone/Marathon Day 4/10/20

10km STANDALONE Run run with daughter, Georgina Quayle and Harry and Roo our spaniels. Pouring with rain. Attire - waterproof socks with running shoes - excellent - highly recommend. Waterproof and breathable jacket but was soaking so loop finished at home.Feet dry and no rubbing toes. Definitely recommend the socks. Cup of tea and change of clothes.
12km ran from Letchworth after drop off. Normal socks with waterproof shoes as knew I would be running through fields. Pouring rain again so waterproof but not breathable jacket this time. Back home food, change of clothes as wet from perspiration (apparently we ladies don’t sweat) and cup of tea.
10km Bright orange windproof jacket and did a loop (not actually a loop but started and finished in same place). Lovely surprise when getting into my stride down hill -a mad woman jumped out of a car and took a photo and the driver shouted support. You’ve guessed it - JO AND DICKIE HARBON. That spurred me on for the next few miles. Back home, more tea and only a change of jacket and added a headband and my body torch for running in the dark. Ran to Hitchin to pick up Georgina from swimming (actually, she drove us home). The swimming pool run completed my London Marathon virtual run. What a wet and windy day but WHAT A GREAT DAY TOO.
Well done to everyone who did ANY activity today as it’s all about keeping us moving. Hope we raised plenty of money for the charities too 😀🌈.

Re: My Standalone/Marathon Day 4/10/20

Fantastic effort Carina. I'm not actually sure who the 'mad woman' was, Jo was in a car!
Great write-up.

Re: My Standalone/Marathon Day 4/10/20

It was Jo. She got out of the car to take the photo and hopped back in. Dickie was the driver :)