Return to Website

The Rolling Home Message Board

Welcome to The Rolling Home Message Board. Please do not post messages attacking other persons on this board. Any other messages relating to RVing are welcome, but you must post a valid email address. Objectionable posts will be removed.

The Rolling Home Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
CB antenna -RV America post
Hello.. The information you added in this post about CB antenna is very useful for the people whoa re looking forward to it. I have gathered so much stuff about CB antenna.. Thanks. _________________________________ Have a look at: aerial installer | tv aerial
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2021 9:33am
by Brian Endres
The Flying Eyes - Lowlands [2013]
The Flying Eyes - Lowlands [2013] > http://is.gd/rzVOsU The Flying Eyes - Lowlands [2013] b92c5eb40e Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) - XviD 720 x 528AaRON - Artificial Animals Riding On NeverlandPrivate Ro...
Views: 156   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2016 6:54pm
by thirbroo
Melleefresh Vs. Deadmau5 At Play (Full Album 320KBps .mp3)
Melleefresh Vs. Deadmau5 At Play (Full Album 320KBps .mp3) > http://nutshellurl.com/424z1 Melleefresh Vs. Deadmau5 At Play (Full Album 320KBps .mp3), Pehli Suhagraat - B-Grade Hot Masala Film - Full Movie Part 3...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 7:02am
by elmeawhal
Latina Abuse Sephorabfdcm
Latina Abuse Sephorabfdcm > http://urlin.us/0fjxq Latina Abuse Sephorabfdcm 97ffa81d91 Reboot Your Life. Page 1 of 1. Latina Abuse Sephorabfdcm. Crazy Rabbit Movie.rar. Da 0 a 5 anni-adds xxx nepali chikaiS...
Views: 1456   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 11:37pm
by kalpiro
m
malire
Ringtone Suara Lucu Batuk Bbm Blackberry | Updated
Ringtone Suara Lucu Batuk Bbm Blackberry | Updated > http://urlin.us/0f75h Ringtone Suara Lucu Batuk Bbm Blackberry | Updated, Gazpacho Missa Atropos 2010 {HWT Records}  972c82176d aristo developing ski...
Views: 1539   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 3:55am
by malire
heat pumps : required or nice to have?
I am looking at a new 39' 2003 kountry coach diesel pusher and the 2004 pricing is going up 10%, so the 2003 sure is tempting to close on. It does not have heat pumps, it has 2 13.5 Penguin AC units. I have heard people say it is nice to have heat pumps when plugged...
Views: 1113   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 6:32am
by Mike Preston
Hey you guys!
John and Libby, hope you guys are having a blast today! We are so excited about RV'ing it someday...and someday really soon we hope! Great to see you guys couple weeks ago...hope to see you again soon!
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2011 10:38am
by susie and john k...
o
Olivia
Hey there from Tallahassee, Fl
Earlier today my husband and I were behind you. We recently upgraded from a Colemand pop-up to a 33ft Keystone Bullet. We are super excited. This past weekend was our 'maiden voyage'. So, as. Were riding down I-10 we saw your RV and the website on the back. I took pu...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 6:47pm
by Olivia
No#1 for hollywood weight loss
It is still time to lose weight before summer! buy Clenbuterol Treat yourself with Clenbuterol weight loss program and Clenbuterol cycle will help you lose more weight than any other medicine without Clenbuterol side effects ! You can buy prescription only Clenbutero...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 7:34am
by clenbuterol
LCD TV
I have a 99 37V and I am read in the Discovery Owners Forum that you replaced the CRT TV with a LCD TV. I am interested in doing the same, could you provide me with some pictures of what you did? Also have you replaced your bedroom TV?
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 7:19pm
by John
Screwdriver antenna
Good morning, John. You may not remember me. My name is Nancy A. Cheffings and my call is N7FAP. I just purchased a screwdriver antenna like yours. How do I know this? I saw the pictures of your coach on Larry Welding's (KJ7U)website. I wonder if you could d...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2008 11:23am
by Nancy A. Cheffin...
d
Danno
Flat Sheet pulls out?
I am thinking of doing the RV thing and after looking at a few, I wondered about a few things but want to ask you about the beds. It's kind of a different question probably, but what about the flat sheet - the top bed sheet - the covers...not the one you lay on. an...
Views: 683   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 12:58am
by Danno
j
John
Awning Shock
On our return trip home, my wife and I were driving west on I-40 when a strong cross-wind blew the awning off of our 5th wheel. Once secured, I didn't think this was possible--but believe me--it can happen and it isn't exactly a lot of fun.
Views: 1179   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 6:30pm
by John
a
Allan
About Site
Very nice site really enjoyed the reading hope to here from you. Allan KB5DOH
Views: 981   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 9:21am
by John Veach
Nice site John
Hello Elmer, Blast from the past.. Looks like you and Libby are having a wonderful time. Going through some old call signs on QRZ and found you on the link. Looks like your somewhere near Okeechobee. Was just down there this past weekend. My Mom & Dad live there i...
Views: 905   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2005 8:58pm
by Bill Busbin
CB antenna -RV America post
, Thanks for the input on my antenna problem. The antenna base dose not receive the 3/8" male whip. The base looks like 1/2" and male. Obviously, I need a 1/2" female whip. Don't know much about CBs but I suspect this is something the manufacturer has done to sell mo...
Views: 976   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2005 12:03pm
by John
Power jacks
I was told about your sight from Dave and Sal Stribling. Thay said you might know something about the problems I am having with my Power Gear jacks. I have a Fleetwood 38n class A diesel. The jacks are very touchy. Most of the time the auto feature doesn't work and I...
Views: 952   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2004 5:33pm
by John Veach
retirement
Billy and I are planning on working one more year and retiring June 2004. I teach math and computer education at the high school level and Billy is the vocational and transportation supervisor for our county school system. We are hoping to spend the winter of 2004-...
Views: 1409   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2003 1:20pm
by John
Dish Internet access
My wife and I will be fulltimers beginning this September. We are interested in any suggestions that would give us television and internet access via satellite, short of spending thousands on a MotoSat system. We have read about using a tripod for directv and were...
Views: 1238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2003 1:16pm
by John
Safety
Hi I rved for five years in late 1990's but I had a husband and we stayed at job sites alot he worked Union Carpenter Dam building. I was in love. He is gone now. I am disabled I can handle most things just not for long periods. I want to full time am I nuts. Can I b...
Views: 1009   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2003 1:10pm
by John
Free food, free hook ups
Did you folks know that there are church lectureships where the noon meal is furnished every day with free parking with water and electricity provided anywhere from three to seven days and nights? Several churches of Christ throughout the USA provide such services d...
Views: 1329   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2003 7:58pm
by Arlis Richardson
Crossing into Canada
We would like to go into Ontario around Lake Superior this summer. Does anyone know if there's any problem getting into Canada or back into the U.S. with the war going on in Iraq? Thanks for any replies!
Views: 1054   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2003 6:18am
by John Terrson
l
lynn
high speed internet/satelite systems
hey John could you tell me more about the cost of the KVH mobile high speed internet system??? or the DirecWay satelite system???? what the total cost to get one of these installed in our 5th wheel? we need internet and web surfing while boondocked.....
Views: 1082   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2003 9:27pm
by lynn
Heated Tank Compartments?
Hi John & Libby, I came upon your website through the RV America’s Fulltimers forum and thought you may be able to help me with something. I just purchased a 1990 34L Pace Arrow. The brochure, (yes it still had the original!) states that the holding tank compart...
Views: 890   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2002 1:17pm
by socalgal
Re: Satellite TV Domes vs non domes
Which receivers have you used with DirecTv? I currently have the RCA and a SonyHowever, they each have features the other could enjoy. My biggest complaint about the RCA is that the processor is noticably slower than the Sony by a factor of 3 or 4. I did have the...
Views: 888   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 5:29pm
by Anonymous
Re: Phone line
Look around near your cable input. I bet you will find a phone jack. If not, then sure, just get a 50 foot cord from Radio Shack or one of the home improvement stores. Plug it into the network interface the phone company provides and then plug the other end into you...
Views: 923   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 3:46pm
by John Veach
Re: help me understand winterizing
You got it Mary Ellen, just run it until the pink stuff comes out everywhere. You can also blow the lines out with an air compressor, but then you have to be sure you have them really free of water and that you didn't blow oil into the lines from your compressor. I...
Views: 708   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 3:42pm
by John Veach
help me understand winterizing
will you nice rv folks explain the process of winterizing. well i used rv antifreeze and when i got it to come thru the lines and out the facuets,ie sinks. i knew it was done right even the water heater was by passed. my concern is when i start using my sinks and all...
Views: 806   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 2:21pm
by mary ellen sax
help me understand winterizing
will you nice rv folks explain the process of winterizing. well i used rv antifreeze and when i got it to come thru the lines and out the facuets,ie sinks. i knew it was done right even the water heater was by passed. my concern is when i start using my sinks and all...
Views: 765   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 2:19pm
by mary ellen sax
Phone line
Possibly dumb question(s). We're new retirees heading for our first extended stay in the sunny South. Our campground has phone lines at each site, but I don't think our 5th-wheel is wired for phone (just cable). Will a wire be strung out one of the windows? We'll be...
Views: 793   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2002 6:39am
by Val Carter
Re: Satellite TV Domes vs non domes
Thanks, John. I'm going to the Escapee's Escapade next week in Ohio. I'm going to ask around there as well. Thanks again for your knowledgable feedback. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Gary, I sell and install both TracStar and Kingdome, alth...
Views: 706   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2002 5:42pm
by Gary Barton
Satellite TV Domes vs non domes
Gary, I sell and install both TracStar and Kingdome, although frankly, I've never done a TracStar. The KingDome is about the cheapest TV system out there. The TracStar is a good system and both KVH and MotoSat make good auto find dishes. One of the drawbacks to th...
Views: 739   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2002 8:20pm
by John Veach
Re: Re: propane gens
I agree with Dick's remarks. I have an LP Onan 6.3 generator and have had no trouble with the Gen. I have a 39 gallon LP tank and between the ref. hot water htr, furnace and stove top it could use up a lot of LP fast. I would rather have a Onan Diesel gen. But...
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2002 6:43pm
by Gary Rose
Re: propane gens
I have a friend who owns a 95 Allegro Bus with a propane generator. The gen works great - he has no complaints. But in the Winter when he goes to football games his propane usage is enormous. He can't boondock for long either. My humble opinion is that your generator...
Views: 715   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2002 1:10pm
by Dick Davis
j
John
propane gens
Just wanted to get some opinions on propane generators. I was looking at a 1997 Discovery non slide with 44,000 miles well equipped but with propane gen. I couldn't tell if there was a seperate tank for the propane or not. Talking to a gen repair store the usage o...
Views: 796   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2002 10:11am
by John
Re: Internet satilite
I'm interested, as well. Also, any feeddback on the relative differences between KVH and King-Dome? Thanks! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I noticed on another site you indicated you had an internet satilite system. Can you tell me more about...
Views: 544   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2002 7:51am
by Gary Barton
Mexico
Would like to correspond with anyone that has traveled with an RV in Mexico from McAllen to the Yucatan. Doug in mn
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2002 9:55am
by Doug in mn
a
AK
Internet satilite
I noticed on another site you indicated you had an internet satilite system. Can you tell me more about it. Inital cost, monthly cost, and satisfactions. Oh, forgot, the down side of the system?
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2002 11:07pm
by AK
Re:Diesel OverHaul
Gary, 183k isn't really considered high mileage for a diesel. You should be able to run 500,000 to 1,000,000 miles before you need to have anything overhauled. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Just make sure to change the oil at the recommended interval, change the t...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2002 5:25am
by John Veach
No Subject
Hi mileage diesel? 1992 Bounder pusher with 183K miles. What can I expect for Major Overhaul and when? Thanks, Gary.
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2002 4:32am
by Anonymous
Re: AC by Solar?
Larry, Solar panels are great for boondocking but they won't run large loads such as air conditioners, washer/dryer, electric heaters, water heater, etc. I have 4-80 watt solar panels on my motorhome but on a sunny day they give me about 234 watts average during mid-...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2002 2:29pm
by Norm Payne
AC by Solar?
I never hear about an air conditioner being powered by solar/batteries. Is this because it isn't possible, cost prohibitive, or what? Would adding extra panels and batteries help? Has anyone had experience with this? Larry
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2002 12:09pm
by Larry Crabtree
Re: Re: Re: Re: Full time RV with no retirement income?
Your right Leo, but I was thinking more in terms of traditional employement. Home Depot, GM etc. Many folks can make their living and travel at the same time. My concern is for those folks who want or need to work in a regular 40 hour job at some place and then go...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2002 3:10pm
by John Veach
Leo, You make some excellent points, but I suppose John was making reference to more-standard types of work. Here at the Greetree Village, there is a small colony of people who work and live in their motorhome, or fiver. The school bus comes into the park to take th...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2002 9:07am
by Willie Nunez
Re: Re: Re: Full time RV with no retirement income?
John - Even though I've been to your site many times, for some reason I never noticed BB until now. I would add a couple of things after reading the thread. First, I would add that some people's occupation permit them to fulltime and enjoy the US while continuing to...
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2002 4:57pm
by Leo Everitt
Full time RV with no retirement income?
Since my name came up, I think I'll jump in. Marilyn (wife) and I carry on a continual dialog (read: argument) about fulltiming. It has been a struggle to get the house and yard work done this spring, and this will be the longest time we have spent at home due to t...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2002 6:10pm
by dutch souder
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Full time RV with no retirement income?
Since my name was mentioned earlier in this string I guess I need to reply. I don't think I am wealthy or anywhere near wealthy, but I could have been. In 1996, Linda and I decided we wanted to travel fulltime, but we had very little in savings. My first wife died fr...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2002 9:03pm
by Norm Payne
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Full time RV with no retirement income?
John, I think I got the mistaken impression by making uninformed assumptions, which were probably based on the fact that you-all retired so young. Yeah, our modest portfolio didn't fare so well either. The terrorists are winning......, for the time being anyway, BUT...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2002 5:49am
by Willie Nunez
HI Willie, I'm not sure where you got the mistaken impression that we have guaranteed income for life. Neither of us gets a retirement pension and my annuity is now paying me about 40% of its target of three years ago. Were we independently wealthy do you think I...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2002 9:26pm
by John Veach
Re: Re: Re: Full time RV with no retirement income?
Hello John, You're too modest, I believe that in the eyes of many thousands of people you are independently wealthy. To these people, if you have a certain amount of income for the rest of your life, without having to work, they see you as wealthy. Kinda gives you...
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2002 8:54pm
by Willie Nunez
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet